National Soccer Hall of Fame Nominated for Best Audio-Visual Fan Experience in the 2019 Stadium Business Design & Development Awards
Winner announced at November ceremony in London
The National Soccer Hall of Fame at Toyota Stadium has been nominated for the Audio-Visual Fan Experience Award in TheStadiumBusiness Design & Development Awards 2019.
“The National Soccer Hall of Fame is a dynamic experience that delivers a customized visit for every guest,” said FC President Dan Hunt. “As we were planning the Hall of Fame, our focus was to create world-class audio, visual and digital installations. We’re honored to be recognized for our efforts.”
The National Soccer Hall of Fame features 13 interactive exhibits that tell the story of soccer in the United States through tech-forward experiences using facial recognition technology powered by NEC, gesture technology and virtual reality. The audio-visual presentations in the Hall of Fame offer immersive opportunities for fans to learn not just about the sport but also participate in the beautiful game.
ABOUT THE AWARDS
TheStadiumBusiness Design & Development Awards have been launched to recognize leadership, innovation and achievement in the design, development, construction and refurbishment of major sports venue facilities globally. Winners will be announced during
TheStadiumBusiness Design & Development Summit 2019 (26-27 Nov, London) - the world’s leading gathering of project teams delivering next generation stadia.
Since 2010, TheStadiumBusiness has presented awards to the most successful venues around the world, through the internationally-acclaimed TheStadiumBusiness Awards – the first industry awards for the stadium sector, by the stadium sector.
Ian Nuttall, Founder, TheStadiumBusiness said: “The Awards is about celebrating the professionals involved in the delivery of the next generation of stadia. For the last nine years, we have honored some of the world’s top venues and this year will be no exception.
“TheStadiumBusiness Awards team thanks the industry for its input in compiling and collating these shortlists. We now turn to the industry to judge the worthy winners.”
Here are the 2019 categories and nominees:
AUDIO VISUAL FAN EXPERIENCE AWARD sponsored by AVIXA
Recognizing the best use of integrated audio, video, display, digital sensor and/or control technology within or around a venue to engage fans and enhance their experience of an event or attraction.
- From Street to Seat – LED Screens and Digital Signage at Tottenham Hotspur
- Stadium, London
- LED Welcome Façade at Coca-Cola Arena, Dubai
- FOTM Engagement at Johan Cruyff Arena / AFC Ajax, Amsterdam
- Immersive Education at National Soccer Hall of Fame at Toyota Stadium, Frisco
- Entertain, Inform and Instruct - The LED Floor at Fête des Vignerons stadium,
- Immersive Gaming at HyperX Esports Arena at The Luxor, Las Vegas
- VR pre-purchase experience at SoFi Stadium Premier Center (Rams and Chargers),
- Los Angeles
INDUSTRY PARTNER AWARD
Awarded to the architect, design firm, engineer, or consultant that has provided consistently outstanding service to stadium design and delivery.
- CAA Icon
- Hoare Lea
- Kulture City
- Thornton Tomasetti
Awarded to the organization that has demonstrated genuine, industry-changing innovation. Consideration is given to step change improvements in the following areas: Sustainability; Materials Utilization; Ease of Application; Speed of Construction; or Cost Savings.
- Delivering in 21 months Bankwest Stadium, Australia
- ’Safe standing’ seating at Adams Park (Wycombe Wanderers FC), UK
- Beavertown Microbrewery and Taproom at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, UK
- Milwaukee Bucks Art Collection with SATA @ Fiserv Forum, USA
- Joint North/South stand at Emerald Headingley Stadium (Yorkshire CCC), UK
- Second Sun reflects on Brøndby IF, Denmark
INTERIOR & FIT-OUT AWARD
Recognizing the interior, hospitality, fan zone, concourse or makeover project that sets a new industry standard for interior design and fit-out in major sports venues.
- New Bars at Melbourne Cricket Ground, Australia
- The (new) International Suite at Old Trafford (Manchester United FC), UK
- Theater Boxes and Seats at Chase Center, USA
- The High Street Concourse at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, UK
- Re-imagining Goodison Park Lounges at Everton FC, UK
- 1885 Lounge at Southampton FC, UK
PROJECT OF THE YEAR AWARD
For a completed new-build — or expansion, modernization or major capital enhancement project of an existing venue — that has delivered on all its goals and more. Projects must have been completed between Jan 1, 2018 and Sep 6, 2019.
- Bankwest Stadium, Parramatta
- Chase Center, San Francisco
- Coca-Cola Arena, Dubai
- Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, London
- Allianz Field, Minnesota
- Al Janoub Stadium, Al-Wakrah
- Estadio Alfredo Harp Helú (Diablos Rojos), Mexico
ABOUT THE NATIONAL SOCCER HALL OF FAME
The National Soccer Hall of Fame at Toyota Stadium opened to the public on November 2, 2018 after calling Oneonta, NY its home from 1983 through 2010. The Hall of Fame marries artifacts and technology such as facial recognition power by NEC and virtual reality to deliver the most personalized experience in sports. The 2019 National Soccer Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony took place Saturday, September 21. Former U.S. Soccer President Sunil Gulati and U.S. Women’s National Team forward Abby Wambach became the 303rd and 304th individuals, respectively, enshrined into the Hall of Fame.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZER
TheStadiumBusiness Design & Development Awards are owned and organized by Xperiology, the specialist events, training and advisory agency for the sports and entertainment facilities sector. Xperiology also owns and organizes many leading industry events, including: TheStadiumBusiness Summit, TheStadiumBusiness Awards, TheStadiumBusiness Summit Design & Development Summit, TheTicketingBusiness Forum, and TheTicketing-Business Awards, in addition to delivering industry-first news services for the sports and live entertainment industries - TheStadiumBusiness.com and TheTicketingBusiness.com.